Creating Flow in the Ambulatory Setting
Providers in today’s health care environment are often pushed to the limit. The pressures of productivity and burdens of paperwork result in long hours and the continuous struggle to keep up. Patients feel this stress in their visits and experience frustration with delays in getting test results and responses to their telephone and email inquiries. Creating Flow in the Ambulatory Setting will help you bring the joy back to your practice.
- Increase patient satisfaction by reducing wait times and increasing quality
- Remove valueless activities from your day
- Create predictability in your workday and reduce the amount of time in the office
- Increase staff satisfaction by reducing the burden of work and fostering a team environment
- Improve economic performance
In this workshop, learn how to
- Create a vision for flow in your practice
- Identify duplicate and wasteful work in your current system
- Utilize standard tools to deconstruct and redefine each team member’s work
- Redesign the clinic visit with improved skill-task alignment
- Overcome implementation obstacles
- Experience flow in action, live at Virginia Mason
- Use lean health care tools to assess your practice
- Create the case for flow — and explain the benefits of implementation to your colleagues
- Recreate your office environment to see the flow of your day through our popular Clinic Game simulation
- Discover the secrets to successful implementation from Virginia Mason providers and experts in flow
- Health Care Providers
- Managers empowered to implement flow plus their clinical teams
- Virginia Mason Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center designates this educational activity for a maximum of 17.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center is a provider of continuing education contact hours. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15905 for 19.8 continuing education contact hours (16.5 clock hours).
Cost: $2,500 per person
- Register for this course online, or contact the Virginia Mason Institute at (206) 341-1600 or email@example.com.
"I found the 3P event to be very engaging and informative. I really liked your measured approach at helping us to "think outside the box", while building consensus and developing actionable solutions."
– Gerard G., Shepley Bulfinch