Lean Facility Design
This 2.5 day workshop will provide participants with process and design improvement methods for reducing waste, improving quality and safety and improving the patient experience when planning for and designing new and remodeling existing facilities.
- Apply lean methods and tools in the design and remodel process
- Go beyond evolutionary space changes to achieve revolutionary designs that provide greater value for patients and care providers
- Describe the importance of understanding flow when designing and remodeling facilities
- Basic training in the lean tools and methods utilized in the Virginia Mason Production System (VMPS)
- Hands on exercises where participants will be able to apply lean tools and methods to their own processes
- Virtual and guided tours of Virginia Mason Medical Center facilities developed using VMPS
Teams or individuals involved in the planning and execution of new construction or remodel projects. Teams are typically comprised of executives, service line leaders and facility project managers. Design and construction professionals are also welcome to attend as members of an organization's facility project team.
- March 4 - 6, 2013
- July 17 - 19, 2013
Cost: $3,000 per person. Option for private, 2-hour coaching sessions on participants' projects available for $500.00 following the workshop close. Sessions are limited, contact VMI for reservations.
"I found the 3P event to be very engaging and informative. I really liked your measured approach at helping us to "think outside the box", while building consensus and developing actionable solutions."
– Gerard G., Shepley Bulfinch