Associate Executive Director
Gordon L. Sansaver III, MBA
Gordon is an experienced senior leader with a demonstrated history of success working in the healthcare and consulting industries. He is skilled in operations management and business development, is an expert in strategic planning, performance improvement, and culture change, and has over a decade of experience in empowering and facilitating teams to realize meaningful and sustained improvement. Prior to joining Virginia Mason Institute, Gordon served as an expert in Virginia Mason’s management system and quality improvement methodology – focusing on teaching, coaching, and partnering with leadership to improve quality and reduce waste across the organization. He is certified in the Virginia Mason Production System®.
- Accomplished senior leader with over 14 years of experience and expertise working in the healthcare and consulting industries.
- Developed and delivered international training programs focused on the role of executive leaders in driving healthcare transformation and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provided executive leadership with accountability to achieve the outcomes of long-term business growth, aggressive development and dissemination of best practices, and the cultivation of a highly effective leadership team.
- Skilled in operations management, business development, and starting new ventures in both the United States and United Kingdom.
- Worked in partnership with health system executives – conducting extensive research projects to gather and analyze information for the creation of business plans, capital budgeting requests, and process improvement initiatives.
- Obtained and have maintained lean management system certification since 2009.
- Provided active leadership for organization-wide management system implementation – utilizing an in-depth knowledge of lean, project management, strategic planning, and change management.
- Served as a consultant working closely with operational and executive leadership to develop plans that achieved improvements aligned with overall health system goals.
- Provided training in lean principles, and led improvement projects involving intensive data collection, statistical analysis, team development, facilitation, and implementation.
- Strategic planning and deployment
- Leadership development
- Large-scale transformation and culture change
- Facilitation and engagement leadership
- International business operations
- Business development
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Management and Strategy
- BS, Psychology
- Situational Leadership
- Crucial Conversations
- Coaching for Developmental Excellence
- 58th Shigijutsu Japan Genba Kaizen
- Virginia Mason Production System® Certification