Senior Partner, Transformation Services
Melissa Lin, MS, CPHQ, LSSBB
Melissa coaches and guides healthcare leaders and providers worldwide through their cultural transformation journey and in developing their management method. With her continuous improvement foundations originating from The Dartmouth Institute of Health Policy and Clinical Practice, where she earned her master’s degree, she is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and a Certified Professional of Healthcare Quality with over 15 years experience in healthcare. Melissa is certified in the Virginia Mason Production System® and in TapRooT® Root-Cause Analysis.
- Engagement leader and trusted advisor to healthcare organizations worldwide, working with and guiding organizations and leaders through cultural transformation using lean management philosophy and methodology.
- Seasoned public speaker on clinical quality and safety, culture transformation, clinical and operational effectiveness, and leadership development.
- Coaches executives and frontline staff members to achieve zero-defect healthcare through staff empowerment, leader effectiveness, and clear strategic prioritization to meet the needs of the patients and communities.
- Specializes in strategic planning, continuous process improvement, project and change management, strategic affiliations, organizational transformation, executive coaching, and retreat facilitation.
- Successfully designed and led a new enterprise business line focused on lean methodology, leading statewide continuous quality improvement training programs dedicated to rural and public health entities.
- Led major quality improvement initiatives for a health system reaching 3 million patients; organized and led intensive training institutes for staff audiences of 20-200; consulted major service lines to initiate clinical quality programs such as IHI 5 Million Lives, Central Line Infections, Universal Bed Care Delivery.
- Led a multi-site oncology service project that identified and closed a $4M/year gap in drug-billing reconciliation.
- Strategic planning and visioning
- Continuous process improvement
- Lean/Six Sigma
- Virginia Mason Production System®
- Business process optimization design
- Organizational transformation
- Leadership development
- Project and change management
- Executive coaching
- Retreat facilitation
Articles by Melissa
- Patients Shouldn’t Wait: Enhancing Patient Access with Process Improvement
- Which Is Better for Engaging Health Care Staff: Lean or Six Sigma?
- How a Team Took on a Small Space to Improve Care for Respiratory Patients
- Developing Modern Leaders for a New Era in Healthcare
- Moving Forward Through Transition – Lessons to Stay Nimble in 2021
Education & Certifications
- MS, Healthcare Delivery Science, Leadership
- BS, Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics
- CPHQ – Certified Professional of Healthcare Quality
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- TapRooT® Root-Cause Analysis Certification
- Virginia Mason Production System® Certified Leader