Leadership to Sustain Change
(Lean for Leaders)
Leadership training to accelerate transformation
Learn to apply process improvement tools in your own work areas, coach your employees through plan-do-study-act (PDSA) cycles, and keep your team informed of current organizational and local process improvement improvement efforts through tier-three reporting. This training is based on the training that all leaders at Virginia Mason receive.
Get prepared to lead change effectively by developing standard work for managing daily operations, to create visual displays to track real-time operations, organize and convene daily staff huddles, and perform root-cause analyses and develop kaizen (improvement) action plans with your teams. The materials license for this training includes all of the materials necessary for lean certified team members within your organization to independently teach the curriculum.
This workshop will give you an understanding of:
- Discrete principles, methods, and tools of the Virginia Mason Production System®.
- Elements of daily management and how it fits into world class management.
- Transformation culture and change management strategies, including Respect for People.
- How to hold each other accountable to sustain improvements.
- After this workshop, your leadership team will be approaching problems from a new perspective and creating venues to engage staff in improvement.
- This workshop includes coaching for kaizen Promotion Office leader and on-site coaching at participant’s genbas.
- For each cohort of up to 20 participants, it includes six on-site training sessions over a period of 7-9 months.
- The course also includes six on-site sensei visits (beginning at class 2) where genba walks with the participants provide 1:1 coaching and line level leader feedback.
- Additional option: to use of two cohorts to certify one VMPS ® trained specialist to deliver this coursework ongoing.
Who Should Attend:
Leaders who manage others at any level and any department within the organization. Executive cohorts and Service Line cohorts are also beneficial.
Virginia Mason Institute certificate of completion