- March 8-10, 2016
- May 3-5, 2016
- July 19-21, 2016
- September 19-21, 2016
$2,500 per participant*
This interactive workshop shows participants how to identify duplicate and wasteful work, use standard lean tools to deconstruct and redefine their work and their team members’ work, increase quality and overcome implementation obstacles.
*Please contact us for details about pricing for training delivered at your organization.
Credits or Certifications
CME: 17.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CNE: 19.8 continuing education contact hours (16.5 clock hours)
Virginia Mason Institute Certificate of Completion
- Virginia Mason Institute in Seattle, Washington
- At your organization
Health care providers, managers empowered to implement flow, and clinical teams will learn to increase patient satisfaction and staff satisfaction, reduce wait times, increase quality, remove non-value-added activities from their day, create predictability in their workday, reduce the amount of time in the office, reduce staff’s burden of work, foster a team environment and improve economic performance.
- Tour of Virginia Mason’s hospital and clinics to observe lean in action
- Hands-on exercises to understand flow in a clinical setting
- Use of lean health care tools to assess participants’ practices
- Presentation from Virginia Mason providers and flow experts on the secrets to successful implementation
Flow in Your Future Facility (Optional):
- Tour of the new primary care clinic at Virginia Mason that has successfully implemented flow concepts
- Optional half-day addition to Creating Flow in the Ambulatory Setting
- Only offered for sessions onsite in Seattle
Cost: $500 per person (in addition to the per-person cost of attending Creating Flow in the Ambulatory Setting)
Participants will leave the workshop with a vision of flow for their practices, the ability to identify duplicate and wasteful work in their current system, the skill to deconstruct and redefine their work and their team members’ work, and methods to successfully implement flow in the ambulatory setting.
Virginia Mason Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center designates this educational activity for a maximum of 17.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center is a provider of continuing education contact hours. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15905 for 19.8 continuing education contact hours (16.5 clock hours).
Engaging Staff in Daily Improvement
This interactive workshop uses hands-on exercises to show participants how to set expectations for staff, recognize operational issues in real time, inspire staff accountability and build a framework to successfully implement improvements.
Creating a Culture of Patient Safety
This interactive workshop uses case studies and simulations to show participants how to establish reliable safety systems, build and nurture staff engagement and lower risks for their patients by using Virginia Mason’s lean tools and methods.
Using Patient Experience to Drive Improvement
This interactive workshop shows participants how to use the proven data collection techniques of experience-based design (EBD) to truly understand their patients’ needs and add clarity and consistency to their quality improvement efforts.
This workshop shows participants how to apply lean tools and methods in their day-to-day business to drive improvements that create value, eliminate waste and reduce staff’s burden of work — all in pursuit of the perfect patient experience.