Please contact our client experience team for pricing.
Facilitated by health care leaders who have been instrumental in Virginia Mason’s transformation, this retreat engages executive teams in focused conversations on how their organization’s activities and behaviors can create a culture of process improvement.
Credits or Certifications
CME: 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CNE: 13.8 continuing education contact hours
- Virginia Mason Institute in Seattle, Washington
Senior executive teams, physician leaders and board members will learn directly from Virginia Mason executives and lean experts how Virginia Mason successfully applies lean methods and tools to health care.
- Identify behaviors that can influence an organization’s ability to implement and sustain a lean culture: a sense of urgency, a visible and committed leadership, a shared vision, aligned expectations and a lean improvement method.
- Experience how lean concepts and methodologies have accelerated organizational improvement.
- Learn how lean methods can inspire a patient-centered culture, promote joy in the workplace and positively impact the bottom line.
- Discover how a systemwide culture of respect impacts safety and quality.
- Identify next steps in their personal and organizational improvement journey.
- Individual and organizational self-assessment
- Tours of key Virginia Mason operational and corporate sites
- Q&A with Virginia Mason leaders and executives
- Interactive learning on how to successfully engage staff at all levels of an organization
- Discussions of the Virginia Mason Production System’s capabilities and outcomes
Participants will leave the experience understanding the leadership activities, behaviors and strategic approach needed to create an organizationwide culture of continuous improvement, and how to develop the infrastructure needed to ensure alignment, accountability and sustainability.
The Virginia Mason Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center is a provider of continuing education contact hours. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15905 for 13.8 continuing education contact hours.
Our customized learning experience not only details Virginia Mason’s history of successfully applying its patient-centered lean tools and methods to health care, but also addresses the participating organization’s specific challenges and opportunities.
Leading With a Shared Vision
This interactive experience invites participants to assess their current state of physician and executive engagement, learn new tools, create a detailed road map to engage stakeholders and develop new strategies to navigate adaptive change.
Foundations of Lean in Health Care
Learn the foundations of lean, key terminology, essential concepts and the tools to implement them in your health care organization to produce value-creating processes and eliminate waste — all in pursuit of the perfect patient experience.
Advanced Lean Training
This intensive learning experience uses hands-on exercises to enable participants to deepen their lean learning, refine their skills and build the capacity to teach, coach and mentor others in the tools and methods of a lean management system.