Led by an experienced lean management expert, this two-day assessment delivers tools and strategic recommendations, specific to your organization’s strengths and barriers, to achieve a sustainable patient-centered culture through the adoption of lean management principles.
Credits or Certifications
Taking a closer look at the culture of your organization
Health care executive teams who are leading organizational change will learn more about the strengths and gaps within their organization, and will receive recommendations on next steps to increase quality and safety, promote employee engagement and contribute to a healthy bottom line.
During the assessment, a Virginia Mason Institute executive sensei will evaluate:
- Your organization’s current improvement methodology.
- Strategic alignment of your board of directors, executives, management and frontline staff with respect to your organization’s goals.
- Alignment of overall priorities in the adoption of a lean management system.
- Behaviors and policies that demonstrate implicit or explicit principles and expectations of leaders and staff that can accelerate or impede the adoption of a lean management system.
Components of a successful assessment
- Pre-visit virtual meeting to align expectations for the experience
- On-site visit to conduct a series of interviews with stakeholders across your organization
- Executive sensei provides post-visit Findings and Recommendations Report
- Post-visit summary and findings report, as well as recommended next steps
The lean assessment advantage
- Learn from the best — our experts have more than 250 years of combined experience in implementing and sustaining lean management methods and culture change both at Virginia Mason and in a variety of health care settings.
- It’s an opportunity for our executive sensei — who have engaged numerous clients in best practices and evidence-based quality improvement methods — to share their knowledge and insights with your organization.
- What works and what does not. We’ve spent years assessing and developing methods to assess the elements of lean culture. We understand what is vitally important to success in deploying a lean management method.
Implementing Process Improvement by Focusing on Culture
Organizations spend a great deal of time and resources on process improvement but many fail to sustain results over time. They focus on the method and tools instead of the organizational culture in which they are implemented.Discover the importance of culture
What Does Culture Look Like at Your Organization?
Our lean health care experts will assess your organization and help you discover how to accelerate change and attain a patient-centered culture.Schedule your assessment