- April 25-27, 2017
- June 21-23, 2017
- September 26-28, 2017
- November 28-30, 2017
$3,000 per participant*
This workshop shows participants how to apply lean tools and methods in their day-to-day business to drive improvements that create value, eliminate waste and reduce staff’s burden of work — all in pursuit of the perfect patient experience.
*Please contact us for details about pricing for training delivered at your organization.
Credits or Certifications
CME: 21.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CNE: 24.9 continuing education contact hours
Virginia Mason Institute Certificate of Completion
- Virginia Mason Institute in Seattle, Washington
- At your organization
Senior leaders, middle managers, frontline staff and others in clinical and administrative settings will learn how to drive improvements that create value, eliminate waste and reduce staff’s burden of work. Participants will build observation skills through physical and virtual experiences, demonstrate a basic ability to apply lean tools and methods to a process, and describe the importance of thinking and acting in a lean framework.
- Basic training in the methods and tools of a lean management system
- Hands-on exercises using Virginia Mason’s lean tools
- The practice of observation skills at Virginia Mason
- An analysis of how Virginia Mason has successfully applied lean to health care
Participants will leave the training with new observation skills, the ability to apply lean tools and methods to a health care process, and an understanding of the importance of thinking and acting in a lean framework.
What is Lean Health Care?
A lean health care organization empowers employees to speak up about problems affecting patient care, create patient-centered processes and work for the benefit of all patients every day. See how a sustainable lean management system works in health care.Read More
Virginia Mason Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 21.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center is a provider of continuing education contact hours. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15905 for 24.9 continuing education contact hours.
Advanced Lean Training
This intensive learning experience uses hands-on exercises to enable participants to deepen their lean learning, refine their skills and build the capacity to teach, coach and mentor others in the tools and methods of a lean management system.
Learning From Medical Mistakes: Aligning an Organization Around Safety
Learn to analyze an organization’s safety culture and develop a sustainable action plan to intensify your patient safety initiatives. Attend this hands-on workshop to discover practical applications that will resonate with — and energize — your leadership team.
Using Patient Experience to Drive Improvement
This interactive workshop teaches participants how to use the proven data collection techniques of experience-based design (EBD) to truly understand their patients’ needs, drive quality improvement efforts, and prompt staff innovation and engagement.
Tour Virginia Mason
In this interactive experience, participants are introduced to Virginia Mason staff and guided through clinical settings to see how we use lean tools and methods every day to put the patient first and continuously improve health care.