$2,000 per participant
Health care leaders will use medical mistakes to guide their assessment of a safety culture, learn to engage frontline staff in new ways to increase patient safety, and develop countermeasures to create a high reliability organization focused on a culture of safety.
- Guided immersive experience at Virginia Mason to identify key elements of culture
- Hands-on group exercises to connect health care culture to systemwide safety outcomes
- Intensive analysis of never events, medical mistakes and medical errors
- Practice developing critical conversation skills to strengthen and expand safety
- Development of sustainable action plan to evaluate and support improvement
Participants will leave this workshop with the ability to identify the specific aspects of health care culture that influence safety, promote organizational learning after a never event, apply lessons from Virginia Mason to their own organization, and create an action plan to foster meaningful change.
The Virginia Mason Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center is a provider of continuing education contact hours. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15905 for 17.25 continuing education contact hours.
Using Patient Experience to Drive Improvement
This interactive workshop teaches participants how to use the proven data collection techniques of experience-based design (EBD) to truly understand their patients’ needs, drive quality improvement efforts, and prompt staff innovation and engagement.
Eliminating Preventable Patient Harm
Adopt a systematic approach to mistake-proof processes in order to prevent patient harm and mitigate the potential effects of defects.
Foundations of Lean in Health Care
Learn the foundations of lean, key terminology, essential concepts and the tools to implement them in your health care organization to produce value-creating processes and eliminate waste — all in pursuit of the perfect patient experience.
Our customized learning experience not only details Virginia Mason’s history of successfully applying its patient-centered lean tools and methods to health care, but also addresses the participating organization’s specific challenges and opportunities.