- April 18-20, 2018 (Seattle, WA)
- June 6-8, 2018 (Chicago, IL)
Designed for teams of two or more from a single organization, this interactive workshop shows participants how to create continuous flow in the ambulatory care setting. Participants learn to identify wasteful work, use standard lean tools to deconstruct and redefine work, increase quality and overcome implementation obstacles.
*Please contact us for details about pricing for training delivered at your organization.
Credits or Certifications
CME: 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CNE: 22 continuing education contact hours
Virginia Mason Institute Certificate of Completion
- Virginia Mason Institute in Seattle, Washington
- At your organization
Providing care in the exact right moment
Teams consisting of health care providers, leaders, and clinical team members are empowered to improve flow by learning to reduce wait times, increase quality, and remove non-value-added activities from their day. Through the development of effective standard practices, participants learn to foster a high-functioning team environment, improve economic performance, and ultimately, improve both patient and staff satisfaction.
The flow learning experience
Receive coaching and preparation to implement lean tools:
- Tour Virginia Mason’s hospital and clinics to observe lean in action.
- Participate in interactive exercises to understand flow in an ambulatory care setting.
- Use lean health care tools to assess participants’ practices.
- Gain key insights to designing best practices and implementing lean processes to create continuous flow.
- Engage your team to perform tasks more efficiently, in flow, and deliver care at the exact right moment.
- Learn to better align skills and tasks so that each team member is confident of their role, ultimately increasing job satisfaction and decreasing burnout.
- Understand how to utilize time as a resource as well as a valuable tool to drive improvements to processes, reduce the burden of work, and save both patients and staff time per visit.
- Prepare for a successful implementation with tips from Virginia Mason providers and flow experts.
Lead your team in implementing flow
Virginia Mason Institute’s highly-coordinated approach is designed to ensure each task performed by each team member adds value to the patient experience. Participants will gain a new vision of flow and the tools to balance workloads, improve skill-task alignment, facilitate coordination across a health care team, and deliver higher-quality patient care.
Flow in Your Future Facility (Optional):
- Tour of the new primary care clinic at Virginia Mason that has successfully implemented flow concepts
- Optional half-day addition to Creating Flow in the Ambulatory Setting
- Only offered for sessions onsite in Seattle
Cost: $500 per person (in addition to the per-person cost of attending Creating Flow in the Ambulatory Setting)
The Virginia Mason Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center is a provider of continuing education contact hours. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15905 for 22 continuing education contact hours.
Optimizing Flow in the Acute Setting
This interactive workshop shows participants how to create continuous flow in the acute care setting. Participants learn to identify wasteful work, use standard lean tools to deconstruct and redefine work, increase quality and overcome implementation obstacles.
Lean Facility Design Seminar
This engaging seminar shows participants how lean design principles can help health care organizations create and redesign better buildings and spaces, improve quality and safety, reduce staff burden, and increase patient and staff satisfaction.
Our customized learning experience not only details Virginia Mason’s history of successfully applying its patient-centered lean tools and methods to health care, but also addresses the participating organization’s specific challenges and opportunities.
Tour Virginia Mason
In this interactive experience, participants are introduced to Virginia Mason staff and guided through clinical settings to see how we use lean tools and methods every day to put the patient first and continuously improve health care.