5-Day Improvement Workshop at Your Organization
An immersive learning and innovation experience
This onsite Rapid Process Improvement Workshop (RPIW) is a five-day workshop that focuses on empowering the people who do the work to eliminate waste and reduce the burden of work for a particular process within a larger Value Stream. Designed around the plan-do-study-act (PDSA) method, RPIWs offer organizations a standardized and accountable improvement method for realizing their vision of an improved future state.
A Virginia Mason Institute Partner facilitates the experience while providing coaching to ensure the workshop is productive while simultaneously serving as a learning experience for the organization.
Your key value stream leaders and stakeholders will learn to:
- apply the lean methods and tools to perform PDSAs and demonstrate improvement.
- engage teams to think of new ways to do their work through focused idea generation using directed creativity.
- set stretch targets and challenge, inspire and energize teams to focus on improving their work.
- organize data and identify areas of focus and opportunity.
- negotiate through change cross-functional management and leading by influence.
- This does not include initial Advanced Process Improvement Training (Advanced Lean Training) for the team leader.
- Includes preparation calls, coaching and assessment for one candidate to serve as team leader.
- Includes one 5-day RPIW to demonstrate proof of concept with coaching with our transformation partner.
Who should attend:
Process improvement specialists, directors or senior leaders who have attended Advanced Process Improvement Training and who are eager to learn the skills of facilitating cross-functional teams through directed improvement. A sponsor, process owner and 8-10 team members from the area of focus will also attend for the five days.