Advanced Process Improvement Training
(Advanced Lean Training)
Deepen your lean learning
This 2-session (7 day-total plus intersession), interactive certificate workshop uses experiential, hands-on learning techniques to guide participants in practicing process improvement knowledge and skills.
Throughout the learning experience, participants receive value-added coaching and performance feedback provided by expert health care instructors versed in clinical and administrative process improvement excellence.
This workshop will give you an understanding of:
How the principles, tools, and methods of the Virginia Mason Production System® support improving patient care, including:
- The importance of distinguishing between value-added and non-value-added activities.
- Root causes of errors and techniques to pursue zero defects.
- Utilization of rapid testing cycles to improve processes.
- Visual tools like value stream maps and process flow charts that communicate the patient experience.
- The benefits and application of the principles of continuous flow.
- And, after this workshop, you will be able to utilize the advanced skills necessary to teach, coach and mentor the principles, methods and tools of the Virginia Mason Production System®.
Who Should Attend:
Lean leaders, coaches, specialists and enthusiasts. This class is designed for those who wish to lead, teach and apply the lean techniques to business processes with an emphasis on the health care setting. It is a fast-paced, advanced class for those responsible for improvement work, or interested in developing a systems approach to performance and process improvement. A time commitment to completing the coursework is required. Lean experience is not required, but will provide to be useful.
Virginia Mason Institute certificate of completion