Certification for Improvement Event Leaders
For team and workshop leaders
This onsite Rapid Process Improvement Workshop (RPIW) is a five-day workshop that focuses on empowering the people who do the work to eliminate waste and reduce the burden of work for a particular process within a larger Value Stream. Designed around the plan-do-study-act (PDSA) method, RPIWs offer organizations a standardized and accountable improvement method for realizing their vision of an improved future state. These workshops are typically facilitated by certified lean specialists, directors and senior leaders.
An RPIW offers organizations a standardized and accountable method for realizing their vision of an improved future state. Coaching includes certifying one candidate in the role of each the team leader and workshop leader. The candidate would perform two (2) workshops in order to be certified in the Virginia Mason Production System.
This workshop will teach participants to:
- Apply the lean methods and tools to perform PDSAs and demonstrate improvement.
- Engage teams to think of new ways to do their work through focused idea generation using Directed Creativity.
- Set stretch targets and challenge, inspire and energize teams to focus on improving their work.
- Organize data and identify areas of focus and opportunity.
- Negotiate through change cross-functional management and leading by influence.
- This does not include initial Advanced Lean Training for the team leader or workshop leader candidate to be certified.
- Includes preparation calls, coaching and assessment for one candidate to serve as team leader then workshop leader.
- Includes two 5 day RPIWs to demonstrate learned skill with coaching with our transformation sensei.
Who should attend:
Improvement department specialists, directors or senior leaders who have attended Advanced Process Improvement Training (Advanced Lean Training) and who are eager to learn the skills of facilitating cross-functional teams with improvement work.