Is the safety culture at your organization the best it can be? This 2.5-day interactive, experiential workshop allows for deep exploration of key drivers that promote or detract from sustaining a culture of safety.
*Please contact us for details about pricing for training delivered at your organization.
Credits or Certifications
CME: 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CNE: 17.25 continuing education contact hours
Virginia Mason Institute Certificate of Completion
- Virginia Mason Institute in Seattle, Washington
- At a Regional Training event
- At your organization
This workshop will give you an understanding of
- How a unified quality improvement and management system accelerates engagement in cultural transformation.
- Belief domains and attributes proven to achieve a sustainable culture of safety.
- How cultural transformation is manifested through peoples’ behaviors and activities and how these actions influence beliefs and values in an organization.
After this workshop, you will be able to
- Apply your learnings to implement an action plan for your organization.
- Evaluate your organizational culture of safety progression to target actual improvements.
- Join a diverse health care cohort in this 2.5-day experiential workshop that will empower your with fresh insights, actions and inspiration designed to accelerate and sustain quality outcomes.
- Receive value-added coaching and performance feedback provided by expert instructors versed in clinical and administrative process improvement excellence.
Who Should Attend
- Lean leaders
- Members of quality, safety, and improvement departments including directors, specialists and coaches
- Organizational development leaders and staff
- Project managers
- Clinicians involved in improvement work
“A culture of safety requires leaders to create and support a shared vision, demonstrate respect, foster transparency and cultivate a hunger for learning and accountable change.”
Ellen Noel RN, CPHQ, Virginia Mason Institute
The Virginia Mason Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center is a provider of continuing education contact hours. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15905 for 17.25 continuing education contact hours.
$2,000 per participant
Using Patient Experience to Drive Improvement
This interactive workshop teaches participants how to use the proven data collection techniques of experience-based design (EBD) to truly understand their patients’ needs, drive quality improvement efforts, and prompt staff innovation and engagement.
Eliminating Preventable Patient Harm
Adopt a systematic approach to mistake-proof processes in order to prevent patient harm and mitigate the potential effects of defects.
Foundations of Lean in Health Care
Learn the foundations of lean, key terminology, essential concepts and the tools to implement them in your health care organization to produce value-creating processes and eliminate waste — all in pursuit of the perfect patient experience.
Our customized learning experience not only details Virginia Mason’s history of successfully applying its patient-centered lean tools and methods to health care, but also addresses the participating organization’s specific challenges and opportunities.