- October 24-26, 2017 (Chicago, IL)
- November 28-30, 2017 (Seattle, WA)
- December 5-7, 2017 (Philadelphia, PA)
$3,000 per participant*
Learn the foundations of lean, key terminology, essential concepts and the tools to implement them in your health care organization to produce value-creating processes and eliminate waste — all in pursuit of the perfect patient experience.
*Please contact us for details about pricing for training delivered at your organization.
Credits or Certifications
CME: 21.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CNE: 24.9 continuing education contact hours
Virginia Mason Institute Certificate of Completion
- Virginia Mason Institute in Seattle, Washington
- At your organization
- At a Regional Training event
Foster a culture of continuous improvement
Senior leaders, middle managers, frontline staff and others in clinical and administrative settings will learn how to drive improvements that create value, eliminate waste and reduce staff’s burden of work. Participants will build observation skills through physical and virtual experiences, demonstrate a basic ability to apply lean tools and methods to a process, and describe the importance of thinking and acting in a lean framework.
Develop value-creating processes and services to improve patient care
- Learn the fundamental principles of lean, essential lean terminology and key concepts
- Build observation skills and gain experience applying lean tools to real-life processes
- Learn how to identify and document waste, separate value-added from non-value-added activities and apply basic lean
countermeasures to improve flow
- Discover techniques to engage and empower your leaders and frontline staff to drive improvement
- Improve the way ideas and standards are communicated and made visual in your work environment
- Inspire teams to identify root causes and continuously optimize processes
Align your organization around a patient-centered approach
Lean can be powerful when implemented as a management method in a health care organization. Through a lean framework leaders can promote better stewardship of resources and provide improved care, faster, and more affordably, to patients. Lean training offers the fundamental ideas and tools that are key to propelling an organization forward on their journey to excellence.
What is Lean Health Care?
A lean health care organization empowers employees to speak up about problems affecting patient care, create patient-centered processes and work for the benefit of all patients every day. See how a sustainable lean management system works in health care.Read more
Virginia Mason Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 21.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center is a provider of continuing education contact hours. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15905 for 24.9 continuing education contact hours.
Advanced Lean Training
This intensive learning experience uses hands-on exercises to enable participants to deepen their lean learning, refine their skills and build the capacity to teach, coach and mentor others in the tools and methods of a lean management system.
Learning From Medical Mistakes: Aligning an Organization Around Safety
Learn to analyze an organization’s safety culture and develop a sustainable action plan to intensify your patient safety initiatives. Attend this hands-on workshop to discover practical applications that will resonate with — and energize — your leadership team.
Using Patient Experience to Drive Improvement
This interactive workshop teaches participants how to use the proven data collection techniques of experience-based design (EBD) to truly understand their patients’ needs, drive quality improvement efforts, and prompt staff innovation and engagement.
Tour Virginia Mason
In this interactive experience, participants are introduced to Virginia Mason staff and guided through clinical settings to see how we use lean tools and methods every day to put the patient first and continuously improve health care.