- October 12-13, 2017
$2,000 per participant*
Designed for teams of two or more from a single organization, this interactive experience invites participants to assess their current state of physician and executive engagement, learn new tools, create a detailed road map to engage stakeholders and develop new strategies to navigate adaptive change.
*Please contact us for details about pricing for training delivered at your organization.
Credits or Certifications
CME: 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CNE: 16 continuing education contact hours
Virginia Mason Institute Certificate of Completion
- Virginia Mason Institute in Seattle, Washington
- At your organization
Teams consisting of executives, physicians and physician leaders who are leading organizational change will learn to identify foundational elements of successful engagement for change, recognize the unique attributes and values of physician stakeholders, evaluate the current state of engagement at their organizations, develop a pathway to successfully lead physicians through change, and learn principles and tools for creating relationships and structures to support engaging behaviors.
- Interaction with Virginia Mason leaders who have expertise in engagement
- Tools and hands-on exercises for understanding participants’ current state of physician and leader engagement and a method to lead stakeholders in change
- Case studies that demonstrate how Virginia Mason created and embedded structures to sustain physician and leadership engagement in change
Participants will leave the workshop with an understanding of their current state of physician and leader engagement, new strategies to navigate adaptive changes, an ability to use tools to support team engagement and a road map to engage stakeholders in change.
Virginia Mason Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15905 for 16 continuing education contact hours.
This workshop shows participants how to apply lean tools and methods in their day-to-day business to drive improvements that create value, eliminate waste and reduce staff’s burden of work — all in pursuit of the perfect patient experience.
Executive Lean Leadership Retreat
Our executive learning experience explores lean methods, the connection between systemwide respect and safety, and the essential leadership qualities necessary for transformation: transparency, visibility and a sense of urgency.
Optimizing Flow in the Ambulatory Setting
Teams consisting of health care providers, leaders, and clinical team members are empowered to improve flow by learning to reduce wait times, increase quality, and remove non-value-added activities from their day. Through the development of effective standard practices participants learn to foster a high-functioning team environment, improve economic performance, and ultimately, increase both patient and staff satisfaction.
Our customized learning experience not only details Virginia Mason’s history of successfully applying its patient-centered lean tools and methods to health care, but also addresses the participating organization’s specific challenges and opportunities.