- April 19-20, 2018 (Seattle, WA)
- May 14-15, 2018 (Seattle, WA)
$1,600 per participant
This interactive workshop teaches participants how to use the proven data collection techniques of experience-based design (EBD) to truly understand their patients’ needs, drive quality improvement efforts, and prompt staff innovation and engagement.
Credits or Certifications
Virginia Mason Institute Certificate of Completion
- Virginia Mason Institute in Seattle, Washington
Quality improvement professionals and operational team leaders will learn how to add clarity and consistency to their quality improvement work, discover how to identify emotional touchpoints that influence the patient experience, and practice qualitative and quantitative experience-based design methods to guide process improvement.
- Basic training using Virginia Mason’s experience-based design tools, including strategic observations, interviews and questionnaires
- Hands-on activities to practice creating and employing the methods successfully
- Shared dialogue around best practices for engaging patients, family members and staff
- Discussions on how to integrate patient experience into a quality improvement framework
Participants will leave with the ability to use experience-based design techniques to understand their customers’ needs and to apply their new discoveries about patient experience to their own quality improvement projects.
Eliminating Preventable Patient Harm
Adopt a systematic approach to mistake-proof processes in order to prevent patient harm and mitigate the potential effects of defects.
Learning From Medical Mistakes: Aligning an Organization Around Safety
Learn to analyze an organization’s safety culture and develop a sustainable action plan to intensify your patient safety initiatives. Attend this hands-on workshop to discover practical applications that will resonate with — and energize — your leadership team.
Our customized learning experience not only details Virginia Mason’s history of successfully applying its patient-centered lean tools and methods to health care, but also addresses the participating organization’s specific challenges and opportunities.
Foundations of Lean in Health Care
Learn the foundations of lean, key terminology, essential concepts and the tools to implement them in your health care organization to produce value-creating processes and eliminate waste — all in pursuit of the perfect patient experience.