Senior Partner, Transformation Services
Robbi Bishop, MS
Robbi’s experience includes direct patient care as an audiologist, leadership within the Kaizen Promotion Office along with operational leadership in oncology, perioperative services, and ambulatory care. In addition to sponsoring and leading improvement events across the care spectrum, he has led flow (3P) workshops focused on inpatient and surgical facility design, ambulatory flow, patient safety, and future-state visioning. Robbi is a Kaizen Fellow graduate in the Virginia Mason Production System® and 3P (Production, Preparation, Process) facilitation. In addition, Robbi is trained in the use of experience-based design (EBD) and breakthrough innovation.
- Provides on-site expertise and guidance in organization-wide cultural transformation through the Virginia Mason Production System® philosophy and methodology; coaches multiple clients worldwide, with current focus on health systems in the United States, Europe, and Middle East; mentors executives, senior leaders, and frontline staff members to apply principles and approaches to achieve zero-defect healthcare and continuous flow.
- Extensive experience as a senior leader in the Kaizen Promotion Office applying the principles of the Toyota Production System and other lean methodologies to the healthcare setting. This rigorous application has resulted in the continued evolution of the Virginia Mason Production System®.
- Operational experience in establishing and executing on the strategic direction of both cancer care and ambulatory specialties (General, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery) at Virginia Mason. Areas of focus on growth, quality, research, accreditation, and overall patient satisfaction.
- Facilitated workshops using 3P methodology to develop new service delivery, care facilities, and future state visions supporting breakthrough patient care models.
- Leadership development
- Strategic planning and visioning
- Continuous process improvement
- Virginia Mason Production System®
- Organizational transformation
- 3P (Production, Preparation, Process)
- Facility design
- Project and change management
- Business process optimization design
- Retreat facilitation
Articles by Robbi
- Leadership and Improvement During Disruption: Scaling Vaccinations
- Vaccination Flow 101: Three Fundamentals for Improving Your Vaccine Throughput
Education & Certifications
- MS, Audiology
- BS, Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Certification in Business Administration and Management
- Virginia Mason Production System® Certified Leader
- Certified 3P Facilitator
- Virginia Mason Kaizen Fellow Graduate
- Advanced Training in Experience-Based Design and Innovation