Executive Partner, Transformation Services
Alice Forsythe, MBA
Alice partners with senior leaders at client organizations to transform their process improvement leadership and systems. She previously served as a senior program manager for Virginia Mason Medical Center’s leadership development, talent management and diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging efforts. Before joining Virginia Mason, she was a partner at a management consulting firm in Seattle, where she led executive development and organizational effectiveness engagements for public and private sector clients. Alice has an MBA from the University of Washington and is certified as an executive coach through Columbia University. She has completed advanced training in experience-based co-design and the Virginia Mason Production System®.
- Engagement leader with more than 20 years’ experience in management consulting, working with organizations and leaders worldwide to strengthen their continuous improvement methodology, empower frontline teams, increase leader effectiveness, and improve employee engagement and retention.
- Coaching for executives, senior leaders and physicians in clinical and corporate areas, from hospital operations and ambulatory clinics to finance, information systems, and kaizen promotion offices.
- Organizational compact facilitation, design, and development for physicians, leaders, and other groups.
- Respect/civility program design, development and deployment, from behavior identification to communication and training strategies, and sustainability methods.
- Embedding equity, inclusion, diversity, and belonging in continuous improvement methods, leadership development strategies, organizational development programs, and internal communications.
- Change and transition management for leaders guiding transformations in their organizational cultures.
- International speaking engagements to promote a culture of safety and integrate equity into continuous improvement methods and leadership.
- Organizational and leadership development
- Change and transition management
- Executive coaching
- Strategic planning
- Organizational compacts
- Retreat facilitation
- Training design, development, and delivery
- Chafetz, L., Forsythe, A., Kirby, N., Blackmore, C. and Kaplan, G., 2020. Building a Culture of Respect for People. NEJM Catalyst, 1(6). https://doi.org/10.1056/CAT.19.1110
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Organizational Behavior
- BA, Psychology
- BA, Business Administration
- Executive Coaching Certification
- Experience-Based Co-Design
- Virginia Mason Production System®